Praying regularly with other believers
- Christians, as God’s children, are supposed to pray together. Praying is a community activity, as well as an individual activity. In corporate prayer, we unite together, standing as God’s children relying upon our Heavenly Father. We pray as a family because we are a family. Prayer is not just something God gave to you and me—prayer is something God has given to us. So let’s pray together.
- Practical steps I can take at Jubilee:
- Pray along with your congregation during the service on a Sunday.
- Join a congregation-specific prayer meeting (ask your congregational leader about this).
- Meet up with friends in your Life Group, or other Christian friends, and pray together.
- Praying through ACTS for the church (John Onwuchekwa) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WogHXd5W9w
- Teach us to Pray (DA Carson) https://jubilee.org.za/podcast/%e2%96%b6-prayer-don-carson-14-october-2018/
- Online Articles
- Praying Together: An Invisible but Vital Work by Megan Hill (https://www.9marks.org/article/praying-together-an-invisible-yet-vital-work/)
- Prayer: How Praying Together Shapes the Church by John Onwuchekwa https://www.amazon.com/Prayer-Praying-Together-Building-Churches/dp/1433559471
5 Things to Pray for your Church by Rachel Jones https://www.thegoodbook.co.uk/5-things-to-pray-for-your-church