Connecting to God
It might sound unusual to you, when you’re just paying a short visit to our web site, but one of our goals is that you’ll realise that you personally matter to God. As a church, our whole existence is rooted in the fact of God’s love to this world. We have found some treasure! This treasure is not hard to describe. It can be summed up in many ways:
• forgiveness of sins
• receiving mercy from God
• finding truth
• love and peace from a perfect Heavenly Father
• hope and purpose for our lives here on earth
• finding authentic harmony in diverse communities
• joy at the prospect of eternal happiness in a real Heaven after we die
To really boil it down you need look in one direction only – to Jesus Christ!
Jesus said ‘I am the Way and the Truth and the Life.’ (John 16:4) He explained to His disciples that He came into this world to die on the cross and to rise again. When He died, He took upon Himself the full weight of God’s justified anger against our sins. Instead of God punishing us for what we deserve, Jesus stepped into our place and received the punishment on our behalf.
Now, you and I can be freed from guilt and enter into a relationship of love with God. How? By turning away from sin (wrong things) and by believing in Jesus and following Him. At great expense to Himself, He has purchased our freedom. This simple message has effectually brought peace to millions of people around the world and throughout history. How about you?
Our prayer is that you’d consider these things for yourself.
You might like to try one of the following books which will help you investigate the claims of Christianity:
- The Gospel of John (NIV)
- The Reason for God – Tim Keller (Hodder)
- Mere Christianity – CS Lewis (HarperCollins)
- How to be Born Again – Billy Graham (Hodder)
- Take a Closer Look at the claims of Christ – Lex Loizides
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel (Zondervan)